Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, or TMS, is an FDA approved, non-invasive treatment option that offers long-term relief for major depression. This revolutionary treatment uses magnetic fields to stimulate areas of the brain that control mood and are under active in people with depression. Breakaway is actively seeking a TMS Technician for this innovative service. Work hand in hand with an amazing medical team to make a difference!
We are looking for a candidate who is personable, positive, organized, possesses a high degree of accuracy in their work, shows attention to detail, and is a strong listener with good communication skills (on phone and in-person). Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in the mental health field or have previous medical tech or direct patient care experience. BLS is required.
The TMS Tech must be able to begin with training April 3, 2020, and to travel and shadow in Manhattan, KS estimated to be between April 6th-16th.
Under the supervision of a psychiatrist, the TMS Technician assists in the provision of patient care and related activities as permitted by state or payor regulations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing educational consultations to interested patients
- Delivering TMS Therapy to patients
- Providing a safe and therapeutic environment for daily treatment sessions
- Assist with and/or carry out routine cleaning/maintenance of the clinic, patient care equipment, and supplies in accordance with regulatory standards and EHS policies and procedures.
- Abide by all facility policies and procedures and educational requirements.
- Comply with all local, state and federal regulations training and instruction requirements, as well as any other standards that govern healthcare services.
- Perform other duties as assigned and permitted by law and training.