Salary: $90,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
ADULT MENTAL HEALTH
Katie’s Way has an immediate opening for a full-time Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) who is ANCC Board Certified in Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced Practice Nursing Across the Lifespan. Katie’s Way is an outpatient mental health clinic in Manhattan, Kansas, named one of Livability.com’s 2019 best places to live.
This position is an expansion of Katie’s Way and focused on adult mental health services. The successful candidate will operate in an independent office and work closely with the Katie’s Way team. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated APRN! The APRN will provide medication management and psychiatry services. The Katie’s Way model of care includes evidence-based practice, highly qualified professionals working as a team, a comforting and inviting environment, and a focus on efficient and effective care. Katie’s Way is recognized locally and regionally for its innovative, evidence-based, and effective services. Currently, Katie’s Way enjoys excellent community support, local physician support, and carries an excellent name and reputation within the Manhattan community.
- Assess patients’ mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints.
- Evaluate patients’ behavior to formulate diagnoses or assess treatments.
- Diagnose psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions. Distinguish between physiologically and psychologically based disorders and diagnose appropriately.
- Evaluate and refer for TMS services as needed.
- Develop and implement treatment plans.
- Monitor patients’ medication usage and results. Write prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by state regulations and collaborative practice agreements.
- Document patients’ medical and psychological histories, physical assessment results, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, or outcomes.
- Educate patients and family members about mental health and medical conditions, preventive health measures, medications, or treatment plans.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members; including psychiatrists, psychologists, or nursing staff, to develop, implement, or evaluate treatment plans.
- Participate in Katie’s Way administrative functions and projects, including some public functions and presentations if necessary
- Other duties as assigned to facilitate the successful operation of the facility (i.e. compliance, training, cleaning, maintenance, and support).
Starting date will be subject to successful credentialing. The successful candidate will have an updated CAQH and NPI profile.