Job Summary – Long Term Placement available April 16, 2018 to June 29, 2018
Newman Therapy Services – Mathis Rehab Centers is currently expanding its PRN therapy staff in Emporia, KS. If you are interested in a long term PRN placement and/or picking up some weekend time, we are interested in talking to you. This position will cover inpatient rehab, skilled, and acute. We are looking for candidates that are willing to slide into our rotation on a regurlar basis, and for candidates who will fill in as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate patients/clients; develop a plan of care with associated goals including quantifiable speech and language outcome targets
- Provide diagnosis, treatment, instruction and other speech and language services according to the scope of practice limitations per State statutes
- Retain the responsibility for all delegated tasks to other licensees and support personnel and ensure proper and adequate supervision of those individuals
- Participate in professional and facility enhancement programs and activities as required
- Completes all required documentation
- Effectively communicate with patient and staff
- Assist with and/or carry out routine cleaning/maintenance of the clinic, patient care equipment and supplies in accordance with regulatory standards and EHS policies and procedures.
- Abide by all facility policies and procedures and educational requirements.
- Comply with all local, state and federal regulations training and instruction requirements, as well as any other standards that govern healthcare services
- Perform other duties as assigned and permitted by law & training
Qualifications and Skills
Graduate of an approved Speech-Language & Hearing Pathology program and is eligible for a certificate of clinical competence in Speech-Language and Audiology granted by ASHA
Current license to practice Speech-Language & Audiology in the State of Kansas