Mathis Rehab Center is seeking to build it’s PTA PRN pool. This position will provide occasional weekday and weekend coverage for our inpatient facility, Newman Regional Health.
Provide physical therapy treatment, instruction, and other related activities to patients as assigned by the attending Physical Therapist and in strict compliance with the established Plan of Care and per the supervision requirements mandated by state law or payer regulations.
- Provide patient treatment, instruction and other related services following the Physical Therapist’s evaluation and establishment of the patient’s plan of care
- Report all significant outcomes of patient treatments to the Physical Therapist for intervention and/or plan of care revision
- Completes all required documentation
- Effectively communicate with patient and staff
- Report all patient care activities performed requiring program modification immediately to the Physical Therapist
- Participate in professional and facility enhancement programs and activities as required
- Assist with and/or carry out routine cleaning/maintenance of the clinic, patient care equipment and supplies in accordance with regulatory standards and EHS policies and procedures.
- Abide by all facility policies and procedures and educational requirements.
- Comply with all local, state and federal regulations training and instruction requirements, as well as any other standards that govern healthcare services.
- Perform other duties as assigned and permitted by law & training
Educational Requirements, Licensing or Other Qualifications
Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program
Current license to practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant in Kansas
Setting: Hospital. Hours may include weekends.
Physical requirements may include sitting or standing in a stationary position, moving about the clinical setting, use of hands and fingers to treat clients and record progress, positioning self to assist patients through stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting. In addition, PTAs may move heavy equipment and lift patients or help them turn, stand or walk. PTAs will exchange and communicate information with patients.
Job Type: PRN
Required license or certification:
- Kansas Physical Therapist Assistant